Events & education
Medical Officers of Health panel: Health Equity and The Way Forward
November 17, 2021
As part of our National CIPHI Education Virtual Series, we spotlighted our Medical Officers of Health Panel on Health Equity in the session entitled The Way Forward.
The session was co-hosted by Education Committee co-chairs:
- Shain Mergulhao – incoming ON Branch CIPHI President and a supervisor in the Peel region, Ontario
- Kari Engele-Carter – past National CIPHI President and a senior public health inspector in Saskatchewan
The goal of the session was to:
- Continue growth and learning in the public health inspection profession.
- Provide opportunities for more professional development hours (PDHs), and for equitable access across Canada.
- Keep our collegiality, connection, and community thriving while harnessing the power of our social cohesiveness.
The session was structured as follows:
- Three medical health officer panelists’ reflections on their pandemic experience and highlight aspects of health equity
- An open, guided Q&A session
- Audience engagement with panelists on:
- Lesson learned around health equity
- Potential barriers within their diverse communities
- Reflections on how we can better apply a health equity lens environmental health in the future
May 2, 2023
EHFC Award Nomintions Now Open
March 7, 2023
Save the date! AEC 2023 in Saint John, NB
February 8, 2023