Each year the Canadian Institute of Public Health Inspectors (CIPHI) recognizes individuals and organizations for their outstanding contributions to the field of environmental health and/or to the institute. Awards are presented to individuals and agencies that have been deemed to have made a significant contribution to the professional association, the field of environmental health, and/or the betterment of public health.
Any member of the institute is eligible to nominate individuals or organizations for national CIPHI-sponsored awards. Awards are presented during the Awards Luncheon held annually during the National Annual Educational Conference. Receiving an awards nomination from your peer group is most rewarding!
If you wish to nominate an individual or agency for one of the following awards, please complete the Award Nomination Form and return it to the Awards Nomination Committee via the National Office.
Alex Cross Award
This award is issued to a member for displaying the highest standards of professional practice during the past year.
- Significant contribution to the advancement of the association, the field of environmental health, and/or the community
- Promotion of CIPHI’s professional standards
- Exemplary leadership in dealing with a critical issue affecting environmental health or public health
Alexander Officer Award
This award is issued to an organization or agency for outstanding and meritorious achievements in the field of public or environmental health.
- Achievement of meritorious and outstanding performance for either a specific project or over a prescribed period of time
- Innovation and excellence in program development and/or management
- Leadership and development of community participation in environmental health programs
- Leadership and innovation in planning, prioritization, and management of environmental health concerns using risk-management evaluations, such as prioritization of program activities with limited manpower and resources
Environmental Health Review Award
This award is issued to a member, non-member, individual, or organization for excellence in presenting an environmental health issue or topic to the public.
- Leadership in effective use of communication to bring an issue of environmental health or public health significance to public attention and consideration
- Published works dealing with an issue of environmental health or public health significance
- Innovative use of communication tools to enhance the association or the field of environmental health
This award is issued to a former member of the National Executive Council, Board of Certification, Council of Professional Experience, or Environmental Health Foundation of Canada, who has demonstrated outstanding service and commitment to CIPHI while in office.
Honorary Membership Award
This award is issued to a person who is not eligible for regular, retired or life CIPHI membership, and recognizes outstanding support, contribution, or service to CIPHI or environmental public health professionals in Canada in general.
Life Membership Award
This award is issued to a CIPHI member for outstanding service to the institute, to their profession, and/or to their community over an extended period of time.
Recognition of 50-year members
Being a member of any organization for 50 years is not only an achievement but most certainly an important milestone to be recognized. Those who have done so with CIPHI not only express support for their profession but also show their dedication to the institute. Recognizing the importance of these members and their contributions to CIPHI over the years is more than well deserved.