The Canadian Institute of Public Health Inspectors Education Committee is seeking presentations that support our endeavor to provide education sessions to our members. As part of the Centre of Professional Excellence (CoPE) requirements for professional development hours, we strive to provide our members with education in the professional competencies for environmental public health professionals. We offer monthly education sessions for members to grow, learn, and connect with others.
The call for Abstracts is now open and can encompass technical presentations, ongoing research and initiatives, and skill building opportunities. Environmental public health is the cornerstone of safe and thriving communities. Abstracts are welcomed from all public health partners and industry professionals.
Submission deadline is the last Friday of each month.
Selected speakers will be contacted by email and given 3 weeks of notice of an intended session date. For more information, email email@example.com and download the Speaker Abstract Submission Form.
The Canadian Institute of Public Health Inspectors will be holding the 89th Annual General Meeting on
Monday, September 18th, 2023, from 3:30pm – 5:00pm ADT
Delta Hotels by Marriot
39 King Street
Saint John, New Brunswick
Virtual Participation via Zoom will be available. Details Upon Registration.
The 2023 AGM Report can be found here: https://ciphi.ca/wp-content/uploads/2023/09/2023-AGM-Report.pdf
The CIPHI National Advocacy Committee is pleased to share the updated CIPHI career pamphlet that includes information on:
- The Institute;
- The role of Environmental Public Health Professionals;
- How to obtain your Certificate in Public Health Inspection (Canada);
- List of the accredited academic institutions across Canada;
- Job market;
- Where to learn more (ciphi.ca).
The pamphlet was designed for professional printing but an inhouse printing version is provided as well for your convenience. A French copy will be available late fall and both versions will be made available on the CIPHI website.
CIPHI National Advocacy Committee
The Board of Certification (BOC) has amended Administrative Policy 3 and
the associated “Practicum Guideline for Training Agency & Trainees –
Revised November 2021
See this document, below are some highlighted changes:
- 1. During the course of the practicum, candidates are now required to obtain a minimum of 420 hours that are directly related to the Learning Module Goals. This will be done as follows:
- Candidates are responsible for tracking hours during the minimum period of 12 calendar weeks and *420 hours *of supervised work, not including travel time.
- Candidates who submit inaccurate, incomplete, or ineligible practicum documentation may be refused examination and are subject to an administrative fee in accordance with BOC policy 6.
- Practicum Coordinators are responsible for ensuring that the candidates hours are accurate.
- The BOC is also auditing candidate practicum hours to confirm that the minimum 420 hours have been met, before allowing the candidate to sit the Oral BOC Exam.
2. To be eligible to take the BOC exam, candidates must have successfully completed a practicum at least 50 days before and no more than 5 years prior to the oral exam date to which the candidate is applying. Candidates who have not successfully completed a practicum within 5 years of the oral exam date are not eligible to apply for the BOC examination.